Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Words that Struck Me

Taken from the lyrics of Evanescence's song, "Breathe No More":


I've been looking in the mirror for so
long.

That I've come to believe my souls on the other
side.

Oh the little pieces falling,
shatter.

Shards of me,
To sharp to put back together.
To small to matter,
But big enough to cut me into so many little
pieces.
Lie to me,

Convince me that I've been sick
forever.

And all of this,
Will make sense when I get better.
I know the difference,
Between myself and my reflection.
I just can't help but to wonder,
Which of us do you love.




Don't most of us have two people living inside us? Our reflection and ourselves? They're chains that people make, according to how they judge us... Be brave enough to break them by being smart.


Breaking the Chains:

"Be yourself and no one else."

Someone dear to me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)

my words are chained again.. ! the poem is heartbreaking.. your words are lovely. dorar ;)

Practical Utopian said...

that's a reflection of your soul ;) hun