Sunday, January 01, 2006

Goodbye 05, Welcome 06!

To many, New Year's is just a normal day just like any other. To them the only difference that it makes is a new calendar and the use of 2006 instead of 2005 in writing dates.

I used to think of New Year's in the exact same way, and maybe I still kind of do. This time, however, I'm beginning to change my perception of it a bit; for while it may be true that New Year's day does not by any means mark the time when we should look back and ponder on how our lives were spent and how to work for a better future because that is something that we should do every once in a while, New Year's day still serves as a reminder of what could have been.. and of what could be..

So, I have thought of the following:
The highlights of 2005 were.. getting to know certain people better, learning how not to take things for granted, being more daring, exploring more areas and gaining more courage, being inspired by many, learning how to choose and know who truly deserves my time, always ask for the best and never settle and let the least satisfy me, not to let others influence my decisions.. that and other things that I don't really remember right now.

What I want to accomplish asap (thank you '06 for reminding me to ponder)... To look at the world through happy eyes not sad ones, never fear hurting others on the expense of my own misery because what I thought might hurt them could just do the opposite in the long run, take my emotions out, be more cautious, be more alert, look out for signs, stop daydreaming too much, work on acheiving specific goals, write more poetry (look towards publishing), perhaps write a story, attend a workshop, go to a gym, get the courage to ask for things (studies - maybe buffalo), don't refuse a good deal out of fear, act to conquer fears and overcome them, live for the future rather than in the present, stop living in the past and just learn from it and move in, stop making up excuses, stop procrastinating, seek confidence from within, try and be there more for those I care about, be more religious and closer to God...
I can't recall any more

Check this link for priceless New Year tips


Happy New Year!


Breaking the Chains:

"Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right."

Oprah Winfrey

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for publishing cause that other one was quite depressing!!!

So... interesting what you acheived in 2005 but if i was you.. i'd be more SMART when it comes to my goals.. i.e.

Specific: detail your goal
Measurable: you'd acheive that once u detail it..
Acheivable: all of them are acheivable.. even if you wished to reach the moon its acheivable now :p
Realistic: never saw you as realistic as now :p (j/k.. they are)
Time frame: give it a starting and an ending time..

Its really useful.. got into the habbit of noting down goals and objectives this year.. thats one of my acheivments maybe :p

My God am just recalling your things to do in 2006 and i hope i hope that you'd acheive them all.. most are about yourself.. your feelings and how you rule yoru self.. and am so sure you could acheive that.. i think i should bookmark this page and remind you of it every now and then :p

Good luck sweetheart.. and i quote you "may the best of last year be the worst of this year.."

Practical Utopian said...

hmm interesting 3an being smart for acheiving goals.. btw illy '9a7akni wz when you said :p kel shai acheivable and then ur like make it realistic lol, laish be realistic when the moon's the limit

i think i'll get into your habit :p ba3ad

o yah my goals are all about myself i guess, i didn't think of that.. hmmm.. maybe i should add more like handle things better and regard other's emotions and etc.

and may the best of your last year be the worst of your present year too.. good luck in acheiving ur goals too ;)